Faulty alarm sensor prompts evacuation of Carthage Central High School


Faulty alarm sensor prompts evacuation of Carthage Central High School

CARTHAGE — Students were evacuated from Carthage Central High School for a short period of time this morning due to a malfunctioning smoke alarm.According to Superintendent of Schools Peter J. Turner, a smoke detector in the school’s basement sounded, fire departments were called in and the students were moved to the middle school. Carthage Wilna Fire District and West Carthage Fire Department responded. After investigation, it was determined a sensor on the alarm was faulty and it was replaced. Students were returned to the high school after about 15 minutes, said the superintendent.
Source: Watertown Daily Times Latest News
Faulty alarm sensor prompts evacuation of Carthage Central High School

No Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Comments